Student Car Insurance Guide

It’s high time we brought our readers an updated guide to student car insurance. We have scoured the net to bring together all the best resources and latest information on where to find the best value deals.

A great place to start would be the National Union Students (NUS). The Union have long had a partnership with Endsleigh Insurance – the only insurer recommended by NUS. In fact the relationship stretches back for over 40 years, enabling Endsleigh to use their expertise to develop great value motor premiums:

  • BEST price from Endsleighs panel of 40 car insurance schemes
  • FAST claim turnaround
  • 90 day European cover included

Lastly a reminder of the diferent levels of car insurance from which you can choose, why making your No Claims Bonus a priority is a must, and a last but not least reminder of the legal requirement for Road Tax!:

Third Party Only Car Insurance
This is the lowest level of cover available and is therefore often the cheapest. However, it is important to note that it will not provide you with cover for the costs of loss or damage to your car or belongings. By selecting this level of protection you are choosing the minimum level of cover for your vehicle as required by the Road Traffic Act 1988.

Third Party Fire & Theft Car Insurance
Adding fire and theft will provide protection against damage to, or loss of your vehicle due to it being stolen or set on fire.It also possible to include cover for legal fees in case you require a solicitor to represent you.

Comprehensive Car Insurance
If your vehicle is valued at over £5,000 then, by law you must have comprehensive cover, thus the majority of motor policies sold in the UK are of this type. Fully comprehensive motor insurance will cover everything as in a standard Third Party Fire and Theft (TPFT) policy with the addition of Accidental Damage.

No Claims Bonus
No Claims Bonus (NCB) is extremely important for reducing your student car insurance premiums. A NCB of five years or more, for example, can entitle drivers to a reduction of up-to 55-75% over the standard policy premium!

Road Tax
If you use or keep a vehicle on a public road, you must display a valid tax disc on it. As the registered keeper of the vehicle you’re responsible for taxing it or making a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification) if it’s to be kept off the road.


Hi My name is Andrew and my area of expertise is car insurance. I have many years experience within the industry and have built up a considerable amount of knowledge.

Tagged with:
Posted in Car Insurance, Insurance Marketing, Motoring Law, New Drivers, Safe Driving, Useful Websites & Information, Young Drivers

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: